Travel Grant Opportunities for Vietnamese ELT Professionals to attendThaiTESOL 2017 and CamTESOL 2017 Conferences
The Regional English Language Office (RELO), U.S. Embassy Hanoi,Vietnam, is pleased offer travel grants for outstanding Vietnamese Englishlanguage teaching (ELT) professionals to attend either the ThaiTESOL 2017Conference or the CamTESOL 2017 Conference. Only Vietnamese teacherswho have already submitted their proposal to the conference and who havebeen officially accepted to present at these conferences are eligible to apply.The application deadline is November 30, 2016.
Grants will be offered to selected candidates to support their participation andpresenting at one of the following conferences:
– The 37th International ThaiTESOL Conference, January 20-21, 2017,Bangkok, Thailand (http://www.thailandtesol.org/conference/2017)
– The 13th Annual CamTESOL Conference, February 18-19, 2017, PhnomPenh, Cambodia (http://www.camtesol.org/2017-conference)
Each grant will provide a set amount of funding that can be used for:
– Transportation from the grantee’s home city to Bangkok/Phnom Penh;
– Hotel accommodation;
– International travel insurance; and
– Conference registration fee.
The grantee will be responsible for other associated expenses.
To be considered for nomination, applicants must:
1. Have been accepted to present at Thai TESOL or CamTESOL
2. Be a full-time ELT professional;
3. Be a citizen of Vietnam;
4. Have at least five years of experience in the field of English languageteaching;
5. Be committed to share what they learn at the conference with peers uponreturning to their hometowns;
6. Not have any existing health issues that may preclude them fromtraveling; and
7. Not have received any U.S. government funds or participated in any U.S.government exchange opportunities within the past three years.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application online athttp://tinyurl.com/relogrants
Application submission deadline: November 30, 2016.
Questions related to the grants should be sent to RELOVietnam@state.gov
Notification of selection result will be announced in December 2016.
About the RELO Office, Hanoi, Vietnam
Based at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam, the Regional English LanguageOffice (RELO) supports the professional development of English languageteachers. It also partners with English language teaching institutions from thepublic and private sectors in order both to improve the quality of teaching and topromote mutual understanding between the host countries and the United Statesof America. The region includes three countries: Cambodia, Laos PDR, andVietnam.
Resources that this office can provide include materials for English languageteaching, teacher professional development, and training of trainers; workshops,seminars, and online courses to enhance and improve English languageteaching; and visiting academic experts and consultants from the United Stateswho can provide assistance with development of curricula, textbooks, tests, andEFL methodology and practices. The RELO also oversees English LanguageSpecialists, English Language Fellows, and other U.S. government EnglishLanguage Programs.
The Regional English Language Office (RELO) was established in October2015 in the Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Vietnam.
For support and more information, please contact:
Regional English Language Office
Public Affairs SectionU.S. Embassy, Hanoi, Vietnam
7 Lang Ha, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Tel: (844) 3850-5000 Fax: (844) 3850-5120